If you love TV chef competition shows and have always fantasized being the next famous chef/villain/victim on a popular show, here’s your chance to break out and live your dream: LoreenNYC, a casting director for reality-based television, including Food Network’s Chopped, is holding a casting call for New York City Tri-State area sweet and savory chefs for a new kitchen competition reality show by the producers of Cake Boss. Specifically, Loreen is looking for:
Pastry Chefs and Bakers:
How to Apply
To apply for an audition, visit the Loreen NYC Casting website and apply for the appropriate category of baker or chef. Along with basic biographical and culinary experience, the application includes asks questions, such as:
- Describe why you’d be good for the show
- What inspired you to become a chef?
- What does it take to be a great chef?
- Describe your specialty dish
- What is the most technically complex dish you make?
- Have you ever made Beef Wellington? Describe the process.
- Describe your cooking style in the kitchen
- What is your greatest culinary accomplishment?
- What is something we wouldn’t know about you?
You must not only answer these questions in writing, you must also include a 1-3 minute (maximum) video answering the following questions. (NOTE: The video must be included as a link to online Youtube or Vimeo. Video file attachments will not be accepted and do not exceed 3 minutes).
1. Why would you be good for the show?
2. What inspired you to become a chef?
3. What does it take to be a great chef?
4. What is your greatest culinary accomplishment?
5. What is something we wouldn’t know about you?
For more instructions and tips for standing out on the video, see Loreen NYC’s Facebook page.
Apply soon for a June audition.
Good luck! And despite the trend in reality TV, here’s hoping that in addition to having talent and personality, you can also be nice–and real! Wouldn’t that be a great character to root for, huh?